Saturday, June 14, 2014

De-Desucon 2014

Hello!
It's been awhile and mostly because of school but now it's summer and time for summer vacation! Woo!
My summer convention season started with Desucon, as the title says, and oh boy was it a lot of fun! 
This post will be picture heavy as I don't feel making many posts so I'm just adding everything into one post!
Let's get started~!

Friday~!
I had no costume plans for friday as I knew that I would just go there to maybe see some friends and work at the backstage that day. Working was fun and I got my staff-shirt too!
The reason why I wanted to leave the con early on Friday was that we still had to sew our gloves with my friend for our cosplays that we would be wearing on Saturday!




We finished making our gloves in the middle of the night, but we were happyhappy!
That meant that our costumes were finally finished and we got to go to sleep!

Saturday~!
I hadn't published my cosplay plans _anywhere_ before I actually had the costume on and added first photo of it to instagram before heading to the con!
We actually had decided on making Chocola Meilleure and Vanilla Mieux from Sugar Sugar Rune already last fall. Still we started making the costumes one week before the con.. uups?

Anyways on Saturday morning I didn't have any work so I went to take photos of one of my friends and after that it was already time for our photoshoot! We were lucky to get a photographer to come to the con area just to photograph us~
So thank you Katja for the photos! Wee! :3

Yours truly as Chocola Meilleure and
my friend Pilvi as Vanilla Mieux!
Photos © Katja
editing done by yours truly!







After our photoshoot I went to work at the backstage once again!
I actually was working as a "cosplay mamma" for the EC-prelim contestants (hopefully I was any good ;;__;;)! So there was a lot to do, but after all the contestants had been judged and been to rehearsals and been photographed there was still one hour 'till the competition was going to start so I asked the lovely Yumi to take some photos of me in front of the black wall~ :3
Edits again by yours truly~

© YumiKoyuki
© YumiKoyuki
Got photobombed by Ilona who is also the one in charge of the cosplay contest at Desucon and the one I was working for.. Maybe I look so frightened because I was caught posing, not working? ;3© YumiKoyuki
I have to say congrats to all of the contestants! Because you are amazing as you all took the chance to go on the stage and as I saw how nervous some of you were I know that took a lot of courage!
But special congratulations goes to the top 3: Saaraz (3rd), Plstcgy (2nd) and Elina (1st)!
Also good luck to Elina to the finals in London!

First I was like - but then I was like~
What really happens at the backstage!
© Hanna Hyttinen
After the competition I had some free time before I had to go work again so I went to photoshoot my friends.. And we had the photoshoot in the rain.. yay! What wouldn't I do to get nice photos of others, huh? (People who know me know that I'm pretty willing to go and lay on ice (for example) and so on just for them<3 p="">
After that I went back to backstage, talked with awesome people, worked more and cried a little.
Even though the day was really tiring overall it was really fun and I really enjoyed it.
After I could leave I was so tired that I didn't feel like going to after party so I went to my friends place, ate pizza and went to sleep.. 

Sunday~!

Cosplay mammat at the backstage!
Well, when I came to Sibeliustalo I went straight to backstage to workworkwork!
It was time for the Cosplay performance competition and oh gosh the shows were amazing!
Also even yours truly went to "perform" on the stage because someone called all of us workers to the stage and then things happened..
I'm so sorry that you had to witness this awfulness of me :DD not.

© Tapio Matikainen
© Konsta Väänänen
© Konsta Väänänen
After the competition we cleaned the backstage and then I went to have a photoshoot with some demons! After our photoshoot we went and got some photos of all of us together at the kuivapalvaus ;))

© Helene Lindfors
© Helene Lindfors
After the photoshoot(s) we went to eat and did nothing before it was time for the "Päättäjäiset".
After hearing the news of the guest of honor (which is pretty awesome) it was time for me and my friend to head back home!

Over all I saw Desucon from a new angle as I was working there and I got to say that I may have enjoyed it a little more like this than if I was just a normal con-goer.
I did get to meet so many new people that I wouldn't have met other wise!

Also this happened.
Pahat ihmiset hengailee ringissä, huhhuh.
So, next con for me will be Animecon and for that I have at least one new costume to make!
So hopefully I'll be posting wips (I'll try my best!).
Also I'll be posting photos from the photoshoots that I had next week!
So stay tuned for those~ Bye~

2 comments:

  1. Hei muuten, oisko paha, jos laittaisit merkinnän noihin mun ottamiin kuviin, että olet itse tehnyt muokkauksen niihin? :>

    Pahisrinki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaa joo, voinhan minä :D pidin jotenkin itsestään selvyytenä tätä niin enpäs älynnyt pistää (vaikka mielessä kävi!) :')

      Näinpä.

      Delete